The emoji

Have you ever hovered your index finger too long over an emoji? 
Scoured the growing list or searched to no avail the image of that feeling inside you want to convey?
Have you been told that a picture is worth a thousand words? 
What if it isn't, because the person reading the picture doesn't draw conclusions
so rather than a thousand words that lead to some meaning 
you are left with a blank stare. 
Or what if those words are not the words you would attribute 
because after all we have our biases and personal experiences that shape the story we tell. 

I've been here before - 
ships passing in the night
like ghost 
lost for meaning 
lost for words 
disconnection that leads to disharmony 
one glimpse of this 
and I break 
not the thin shallow cut that might make sense to meet the moment 
but a rip that reveals wounds 
repaired by jagged means 
and a place where fear can still dig its claw 
where under the lightest prick 
something unravels 
dare I search for safety 
dare I guard for what I need  
dare I stay and monitor patiently for the pattern that reveals itself 
am I safe here? 

Will we share the emoji that evokes the desired understanding and curiosity that this and all moments require? 





Comments

Popular Posts